Branding Agency Philosophy: Your Brand Is Your Lighthouse
Beacon Marketing got its start as a branding agency and developed a philosophy for branding that has guided brand development projects large and small over the years:
Your brand is your lighthouse. It should serve as the foundation and guiding force for your company. You’ve got to stand out, so your customers can find you easily. An expert at Beacon Marketing works as a branding consultant with you to do just that.
What benefits will strong branding bring to your company?
- A strong brand acts as bright harbor lights, beckoning your consumers to the comfort & safety of your product or service experience
- A strong brand marks your territory, warning competitors that, for them, that territory is rocky and treacherous.
- A strong brand serves as your ultimate navigational aid, guiding your company growth.
- A strong brand shines out to top talent, attracting them to be lighthouse keepers for your company.
How bright is your light? How strong is your tower? If your brand is built on solid rock, you’ll be able to weather any storm. Companies with strong brands are impervious to the crashing waves of competitive threats and market fluctuations.luctuations.
Throughout history, lighthouses have been a critical navigational tool for anyone traveling the high seas. Through a series of lenses and lamps, light is concentrated and magnified in a series of patterns and colors that sea captains could recognize. Because of our heritage as a disciplined branding agency, we go through the same brand development process to help companies create focus on what makes them unique, and then amplifying that distinctiveness in such a way that the right consumers are inevitably drawn to that brand experience time and time again. Whether you are looking for a brand consultant to revitalize your current brand or to create a new brand, this small buisness branding agency will bring creativity and a solution orientation to help you connect with consumers in the strongest way possible
The Beacon Marketing Brand Development Process
As a small business branding agency, we find that many companies don’t really know what their brand is…and that hinders their marketing efforts. Any good brand consultant will tell you that if you have a clear brand identity, other marketing activities become very easy.
Phase I: Discovery Phase/Situation Analysis
- Background: In order to understand your business, we review what the current brand efforts are delivering and what new opportunities might be possible. We want to understand your goals, as well as the challenges you believe are keeping you from reaching your goals.
- Current Brand Portfolio Assessment: This will include a full assessment of the current brand portfolio (presentations, collateral materials, digital materials, PR activities, advertising, trade show activity, social media presence, etc.) in order to familiarize ourselves with current sales and marketing activities.
- Industry Analysis: This would include a review of the current external brand perspective, including competitive analysis and industry trends and opportunities.
Phase II: Brand Audit Reporting and Brand Development Action Plan Recommendation
Once the situation analysis is complete, we would develop a positioning statement and digital marketing plan based on what we learned in the background research and what we believe will be most compelling for your customers. The objective of this brand development process would be to create and agree on a positioning statement that can be used as the foundation for the action plan. In this work, we would acknowledge any brand heritage that exists and make sure we clearly outline the brand values, personality and key themes or messages that should be inherent in every brand interaction. We believe that partnership is important and that your branding agency should be a partner, acting as keeper of the brand and protecting the brand just as diligently and vehemently as you do. As your dedicated branding agency, it is our goal to highlight the good of the brand that has already been built and expand the brand in areas that will add even more value to your brand and your business.
All of this background information will be organized into a branding agency document to explain and share the complete methodology, findings, implications and our recommended brand development action plan. This typically includes a content marketing plan that includes:
- A content-rich website that is continually search engine optimized
- Email marketing activities to ensure on-going top-of-mind awareness
- “Sticky” areas of your website that deliver leads on an on-going basis
- Social media and PR activities to build awareness and traffic to your site
Phase III: Branding Company Action Plan Execution and Measurement
In the third phase, we would put thoughts and plans into action. While each brand is different and each company has unique industry dynamics and business challenges, we have enough experience to craft the perfect brand development plan for your business needs. Your brand consultant cares about whether these activities are working and whether tweaks need to be made to the brand development plan agreed upon, so every month we are discussing with you how traffic to the website has grown, what keywords have been added, who is responding to email efforts, and what impact that is having on sales. While we love to develop clever and creative ideas to execute, clever and creative doesn’t matter if it’s not resulting in increased sales.
Want to see some results we’ve created for others with this process?
Here are some others we have helped