For Shelter Works, a manufacturer of premium composite fiberglass field equipment shelters, Beacon Marketing established short-term PPC (pay-per-click) and long-term SEO (search engine optimization) programs to improve website traffic, company exposure and requests for quotes
Growth in website traffic
in 3 years
Shelter Works had established a strong digital presence with a large body of content, a regularly updated blog and a growing email newsletter that served its growing database. Sales declines had turned into sales increases, and it was now time to strongly build traffic to the site. By increasing traffic to the website, we could build awareness of the products and quality Shelter Works offers their customer base. Business owner Tracy Switzer explained, “Business was already going well, but they felt that we could benefit even further from adding search engine optimization to our marketing activities. Optimizing our website and investing in on-going SEO activities continues to provide strong ROI for us. The team at Beacon Marketing is always raising the bar and pushing for even greater results—more traffic, more leads, more sales.”
The company serves several industries and needed to build awareness in multiple verticals. Beacon Marketing worked with the sales team to outline specific strategic goals and identify growth areas in specific markets. The sales team was asked to take a customer centric approach to building a list of possible keywords.
Following a thorough process that included extensive keyword research that helped prioritize the keywords determined to have the highest potential to get Shelter Works on Google page 1. Both on- page and off-site SEO best practices were applied to specific webpages to drive traffic and increase overall awareness of Shelter Works quality and product offerings.
of traffic is new
Millions of $$$ in quoting opportunities come through the website
Shelter Works has seen a steady growth in achieving identified goals keyword goals in several areas:
- Continually improving traffic to the site from highly relevant non-branded keywords: 259% growth in website traffic in 3 years
- 81% of traffic is new
- By the second month of the SEO campaign, ShelterWorks.com went from being completely unranked on Google to having the most critical core 16 keywords ranked, 6 of which are on Page 1 (five at position 1 and one at position 3)
- Overall number of keywords for which the website ranks in the top 100 continues to increase
- Increased goal conversions for downloadable content and visitor engagement throughout the site
- Millions of $$ in quoting opportunities come through the website
- Content developed to build greater engagement with website visitors, to move “visitors” to “prospects” and “prospects” to “highly qualified leads” and finally to “highly satisfied repeat customers.”
Business was already going well, but they felt that we could benefit even further from adding search engine optimization to our marketing activities. Optimizing our website and investing in on-going SEO activities continues to provide strong ROI for us. The team at Beacon Marketing is always raising the bar and pushing for even greater results—more traffic, more leads, more sales.
We had all the building blocks to launch an search engine optimization campaign and were doing many things ‘right’ already, so when we focused on getting the SEO-specific aspects of our website right, we saw a big jump in our SEO metrics. Traffic continues to increase and the number of keywords for which we rank has more than doubled in the past year.